Friday, April 15, 2005

Rest Today

"Rest a little my friend,
come here, sit with me
We'll trace the clouds in the sky
and watch the birds fly

What is it that whispers the wind ?
Look now, the leaves speak in a murmur
What secret do they reveal ?

Rest a little my friend,
come here, sit with me
We'll watch the running stream
and remember a childhood dream

What is it at that laughs the water ?
Look now, the stones have joined its merriment
What unknown game do they play ?

Tomorrow, when the sun rises, you can go
But be with me tonight, we'll lie in the grass
and talk of the starry night
Rest a little my friend,
Tomorrow you can go,
But today, come here, sit with me"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The joys of sitting under a starlit sky with a friend , by the babbling brook , joys that one can never buy. They come of their own accord.