Thursday, April 28, 2005

Change

When I was a child, my parents tell me, I had limitless zeal. For everything. They had made me memorize our then address, "Doctol M Te Dupta, Mophichal-Offichal, Khakhalia Dujalaat" (Doctor M K Gupta, Medical-Officer, Khakharia Gujarat). So that in-case I slipped through their fingers, for a fantasy toy-world or an animal-jungle, some-one would return the lost property. I used to eat sand, hide in mogra-bushes and run after squirrels. And throw my biscuits to crows and play with water. And climb windows. Once I ran towards a labalub-talaab (an overflowing pond). Death then, was unknown to me. This was a different me. Twenty-five years of life, and not a trace of that childhood remains. And the infinite zeal, has been reduced to an integral limit.

No comments: