Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Name Games

A new day. Fresh Air. And some more sillyness.

Scene 1:

Three of us are walking towards the artist's point on the flagstaff summit. We will disappear into a thick brush of alpines, and appear on a cliff, which bequeaths a spectacular view of the snow covered mountains. I tell the visitor, to notto run if she spots a mountain lion. They are mildly concerned as to where am I taking them. My friend tells the visitor, "We should not trust him, he likes to walk, and if we don't stop, he'll take us God knows where !"
I say "Yeh, Right"
My friend says, "No. I am Serious"
Silence. Ruffle of clothes against the pines.
And I reply, "No, you are not Sirius. You are Vicky."

Scene 2:

Masala Restaurant. Four of us, hungry, sitting, waiting, talking nonsense. My friend is hyper, has unconciously picked up fork and spoon, perhaps to eat the table cloth. He yells "I am readddy. Where's the FOOD".
"No. You are not Reddy."
"Yes sucker. I know I am Muduliyar. And not Reddy"

No comments: