Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ideology and Men

When a lot of men get together under the umbrella of an ideology, they usually create violence. A lot of it.

Confused mind, I think is better than the firmly believing. In confused mind, atleast, there are possiblities. The firmly believing one is a closed cellar, where light rarely reaches. You'll say what about belief in God ? Well, tell me if belief in God is different than belief in God for myself, for my dreams, for my pain, for sorrow ? Give it a thought. Belief in God, I think, is a way of life. Belief in God for myself, is like any other belief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But then there are different kinds of ways that one reaches at a firm belief. There are some that have gone through that state of confusion and then reached certainty by virtue of having considered all possibilities.

I think a closed mind and a firm mind may not be equated with each other in all cases.

anshul said...

I agree. Though I meant firm belief in ideologies (like communism may be). And I confess, I didn't give much thought while saying that :)