Monday, January 30, 2006

Saturday speak

It's a sleepy saturday afternoon. A thin layer of clouds fades the sunshine, and it seems as if a lazy sun is visiting the earth, with half open eyes. The sun definitely needs some spanking (or the clouds ? We'll let the gods decide :)

Some urgent business at work needs to be done. I was supposed to go snowboarding today and work tomorrow. But given that the last night was spent coughing with almost every breath (poor roomie, I wonder if he could sleep at all), I resentfully had to give up the idea in part asleep-part awake state this morning. Some nice morning sleep, a morning gargle, and a spiced tea later, I have comfortably settled to working from home (first time ever in life), with Pandit Jasraj resonating in the hall. And I am very much enjoying it. Working on something all alone by yourself, in the comfort of soothing music, I am inclined to think, might be meditative. I have no doubt in believing, when Donald Knuth says something like "Programming is an aesthetic experience".

Aside, last night I watched Rang De Basanti, along with a lot of friends. Most of us liked it, though some didn't like the ending. I feel if a movie can bring out emotions in you, it has been well made. Rang De Basanti did just that. Plus we had lot of desi fun like whistling, booing, and shouting things like "Rajnikanth Superstar" on a tambi friend's provocation.

And later, in a weird dream sequence, I spent time with Amitabh and Jaya Bacchan, where amitabh was making a surprise cake for Jaya, as she was sick, and that would make her feel better. Next dream was with my nani, who was again, sick. I definitely need to call up amitabh and jaya tonight, to see if they are doing alright.

Trivia : did you know,
That emerita is feminine of emeritus.
From dictionary.com,
"Emerita: Retired but retaining an honorary title corresponding to that held immediately before retirement. Used of a woman: a professor emerita."

No comments: