Thursday, December 11, 2008

Slumdog Millionaire

Imdb

Slumdog millionaire is the best movie I've seen this year. It is a fast paced love story set in Mumbai with a really good script and great casting. The protaganist is a chai-wala, Jamal Malik, who is the in the hot seat of Who wants to be a millionaire, and one question away from it.

I thought the perfomances were really good, specially by the child actors. The background score does justice to the movie and unlike other bollywood movies, is neither melo-dramatic, nor overbearing. Though the movie is almost entirely in English, yet somehow it doesn't seem out of place. This is one of those word of mouth movies; all my friends whom I've spoken to after watching it, I have asked them to go see it.

As far as I think, if this movie doesn't win an Oscar for Best Movie, I don't know what should. Yes, it is that good.

As an afterthought, the famous Pasteur quote, "chance favors the prepared mind", fits perfectly with the story.

No comments: