Friday, May 06, 2005

Mistrust

(A,B and C have know each other for years)
A: So, do you have girlfriend ?
B: No.
A: I don't believe you. There must be someone.
A: Common, tell me.
B: Ok. I have two. One in India, Another here, in US.
A: No way, I don't believe you.
A: I have heard from my "sources", you do a lot of smoking and boozing. Smoking toh I do, par no beer or wine. I went to this party once and my aunt tried to force it down my throat, I said no. No alcohol.
B: Accha!
A: So how often do you smoke and drink ?
B: I don't.
A: No way, I don't believe you.
Few banalities later conversation ends

A: You know B has two girlfriends. And B was telling me B pukes pretty often, because of heavy drinking.
C: Accha ! Yeh, I talk to B every week, B never mentioned.
A: Arre I have my sources. Pakki Khabar hai !

some days later
A: You never call me.
B: That doesn't mean I have forgotten you.
A: But C said you talk to C every week.
B: No, I haven't talked to C in months.
A: Pata nahin Bhaiya. I talked to C and C said you talk every week.

(Insecurity has a secure home in the heart of the one who has the illusion of possession)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Chinese whispers, the game.

anshul said...

sthira, true, only this seldom ends.

navin, true (and not that I haven't been A at times, but only in jest)