Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Make me that Child Again

mother, I wish to hide in the mogra bushes
and not come out even upon your scolding

mother, I wish to tug at your saree while you cook
and deliver your message to everyone that food is ready

mother, I wish to lie in the veranda in the summer night
and shout to you "thandi hawa aati", cool breeze comes

mother, I wish to sit by the window and throw my biscuits to the crow
and run to get more, when you open the almira

mother, I wish to drag the fruit jhola to you
expecting cheekoo

mother, I wish to run after the squirrels in the backyard
and float paper boats in puddles left by monsoon rain

mother, I wish to be that child again
can you make me that child again

3 comments:

anshul said...

hmm..don't know. google search tells me siyahi means beige marble in turkish :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Siyahi in Hindi/Urdu means ink.

anshul said...

yeh, and wikipedia tells me, syahi also means the black part in the center of the tabla, though I think siyahi and syahi (ink, tabla black part), are different