Thursday, October 08, 2009

Snow

It has snowed in boulder today. Our appointment was at 5. I had come home from lunch after work, so I could prepare all the documents early. I wore my best shirt. It was still snowing at 4:30 when I got out. I took a last couple of snaps from the digital camera, and headed for the bank, where I was to handover the title. It was snowing heavily. The song 'bhoola tujhe' played, I turned the volume to max, rolled down the windows to feel the snow. Then just out of emotion or love don't know which, I cleaned her dashboard, I patted my car and teared up uncontrollably. Before I let her go, I was with her with all my heart, just that once, for a few moments. And it snowed today. We exchanged some docments, the new owner and I, signed a few things, I got a check and dropped her off to the new owner's residence. I had accidentally given my house keys along with my car keys. That was embarrassing. Anyways, told the new owner a couple of things, like to use 87 fuel, and not run it on low gas, and that was it. My friend who was with me at the bank, drove me back. And it snowed today. We went out to get some soup, my friend and I, and I counted the number of people who had driven her. I was happy that almost all of my close friends and family had driven her..oh I forgot including my little niece, she's held the steering too! And it has snowed today. I love the snow. Before I let her go, I wanted to be with her with all my heart, this once in snow. And I got to do it. Today, it was good luck. My friend fed me and drove me up the flagstaff road and we stood there watching the boulder valley covered in clouds. And that was it.

No comments: